|000||01084camuu2200301 a 4500|
|008||110519s2010 si a b 001 0 eng d|
|040||▼d 211046 ▼d 211009|
|082||0 0||▼a 620.1/06 ▼2 22|
|084||▼a 620.106 ▼2 DDCK|
|090||▼a 620.106 ▼b C395f2|
|100||1||▼a Cengel, Yunus A.|
|245||1 0||▼a Fluid mechanics : ▼b fundamentals and applications / ▼c Yunus A. Cengel, John M. Cimbala.|
|250||▼a 2nd ed. in SI units|
|260||▼a Singapore : ▼b McGraw-Hill Higher Education, ▼c c2010.|
|300||▼a xxv, 980 p. : ▼b ill. ; ▼c 26 cm.+ ▼e 1 DVD (4 3/4 in.).|
|490||1||▼a Cengel series in engineering thermal-fluid sciences|
|504||▼a Includes bibliographical references and index.|
|538||▼a System requirements: Pentium processor with Windows 98 or newer.|
|650||0||▼a Fluid dynamics.|
|700||1||▼a Cimbala, John M.|
|830||0||▼a Cengel series in engineering thermal-fluid sciences.|
|No.||Location||Call Number||Accession No.||Availability||Due Date||Make a Reservation||Service|
|No. 1||Location Main Library/Western Books/||Call Number 620.106 C395f2||Accession No. 111626990||Availability Available||Due Date||Make a Reservation||Service|
This book communicates directly with tomorrow's engineers in a simple yet precise manner. The text
- covers the basic principles and equations of fluid mechanics in the context of numerous and diverse real-world engineering examples.
- helps students develop an intuitive understanding of fluid mechanics by emphasizing the physical underpinning of processes and by utilizing numerous informative figures, photographs, and other visual aids to reinforce the basic concepts.
- Visual nature of fluid mechanics by featuring more illustrations and photographs than other fluid mechanics texts.
- Current research with our Application Spotlight feature, written by guest authors and designed to show how fluid mechanics has diverse applications in a wide variety of fields.
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) with examples throughout the text generated by CFD software and end-of-chapter problems throughout the book using FLOWLAB, a student-friendly, template-driven CFD program. An introductory chapter also introduces students to the capabilities and limitations of CFD as an engineering tool.
- Precise definitions of key terms with an end-of-book glossary providing definitions of selected fundamental fluid mechanics terms and concepts.
- Physical intuition to help students develop a sense of the underlying physical mechanisms and a mastery of solving practical problems that an engineer is likely to face in the real world.
- Topic flexibility to facilitate different approaches to the course. After covering the basics for all majors, the text offers robust coverage to allow for mechanical, civil, or aeronautics and aerospace engineering approaches.
Information Provided By: :