|000||02991camuu2200397 a 4500|
|008||100813s2006 maua b 001 0 eng d|
|015||▼a GBA707820 ▼2 bnb|
|020||▼a 1405156368 (pbk.)|
|020||▼a 9781405156363 (pbk.)|
|040||▼a EQO ▼c EQO ▼d UKM ▼d BAKER ▼d TJC ▼d SUC ▼d YDXCP ▼d BTCTA ▼d DLC ▼d 211009|
|050||0 0||▼a HD8039.C44 ▼b D57 2006|
|082||0 4||▼a 331.761648 ▼2 22|
|084||▼a 331.761648 ▼2 DDCK|
|090||▼a 331.761648 ▼b D599|
|245||0 4||▼a The dirty work of neoliberalism : ▼b cleaners in the global economy / ▼c edited by Luis L.M. Aguilar and Andrew Herod.|
|246||3 0||▼a Cleaners in the global economy|
|260||▼a Malden, MA : ▼b Blackwell , ▼c 2006.|
|300||▼a vi, 263 p. : ▼b ill. ; ▼c 23 cm.|
|500||▼a "First published as volume 38, issue 3 of 'Antipode'"--T.p. verso.|
|504||▼a Includes bibliographical references and index.|
|505||0||▼a Introduction : geographies of neoliberalism / Andrew Herod and Luis L.M. Aguiar -- Janitors and sweatshop citizenship in Canada / Luis L.M. Aguiar -- Maria's burden : contract cleaning and the crisis of social reproduction in post-apartheid South Africa / Andries Bezuidenhout and Khayaat Fakier -- Restructuring the architecture of state regulation in the Australian and Aotearoa/New Zealand cleaning industries and the growth of precarious employment / Shaun Ryan and Andrew Herod -- Manufacturing modernity : cleaning, dirt, and neoliberalism in Chile / Patricia Tomic, Ricardo Trumper and Rodrigo Hidalgo Dattwyler -- Introduction : ethnographies of the cleaning body / Andrew Herod and Luis L.M. Aguiar -- The cleaners you aren't meant to see : order, hygiene and everyday politics in a Bangkok shopping mall / Alyson Brody -- Cleaning up after globalization : an ergonomic analysis of work activity of hotel cleaners / Ana Maria Seifert and Karen Messing -- Work design and the labouring body : examining the impacts of work organization on Danish cleaners' health / Karen Sogaard ... [etc.] -- Introduction : cleaners' agency / Andrew Herod and Luis L.M. Aguiar -- Cleaners' organizing in Britain from the 1970s : a personal account / Sheila Rowbotham -- The privatization of health care cleaning services in southwestern British Columbia, Canada : union responses to unprecedented government actions / Marcy Cohen -- Justice for janitors : scales of organizing and representing workers / Lydia Savage.|
|650||0||▼a Cleaning personnel ▼x Economic conditions.|
|650||0||▼a Cleaning personnel ▼x Health and hygiene.|
|650||0||▼a Cleaning personnel ▼x Social conditions.|
|650||0||▼a Cleaning personnel ▼x Labor unions.|
|650||0||▼a Globalization ▼x Economic aspects.|
|650||0||▼a Industrial relations.|
|700||1||▼a Aguiar, Luis L. M.|
|700||1||▼a Herod, Andrew , ▼d 1964-|
|No.||Location||Call Number||Accession No.||Availability||Due Date||Make a Reservation||Service|
|No. 1||Location Main Library/Western Books/||Call Number 331.761648 D599||Accession No. 111588872||Availability Available||Due Date||Make a Reservation||Service|
Table of Contents
Introduction: Cleaners and the Dirty Work of Neoliberalism (Andrew Herod and Luis L M Aguiar).
1. Introduction: Geographies of Neoliberalism (Andrew Herod and Luis L M Aguiar).
2. Janitors and Sweatshop Citizenship in Canada (Luis L M Aguiar).
3. Maria’s Burden: Contract Cleaning and the Crisis of Social Reproduction in Post-Apartheid South Africa (Andries Bezuidenhout and Khayaat Fakier).
4. Restructuring the Architecture of State Regulation in the Australian and Aotearoa/New Zealand Cleaning Industries and the Growth of Precarious Employment (Shaun Ryan and Andrew Herod).
5. Manufacturing Modernity: Cleaning, Dirt, and Neoliberalism in Chile (Patricia Tomic, Ricardo Trumper and Rodrigo Hidalgo Dattwyler).
6. Introduction: Ethnographies of the Cleaning Body (Andrew Herod and Luis L M Aguiar).
7. The Cleaners You Aren’t Meant to See: Order, Hygiene and Everyday Politics in a Bangkok Shopping Mall (Alyson Brody).
8. Cleaning Up After Globalization: An Ergonomic Analysis of Work Activity of Hotel Cleaners (Ana María Seifert and Karen Messing).
9. Work Design and the Labouring Body: Examining the Impacts of Work Organization on Danish Cleaners’ Health (Karen Sögaard, Anne Katrine Blangsted, Andrew Herod and Lotte Finsen).
10. Introduction: Cleaners’ Agency (Andrew Herod and Luis L M Aguiar).
11. Cleaners’ Organizing in Britain from the 1970s: A Personal Account (Sheila Rowbotham).
12. The Privatization of Health Care Cleaning Services in Southwestern British Columbia, Canada: Union Responses to Unprecedented Government Actions (Marcy Cohen).
13. Justice for Janitors: Scales of Organizing and Representing Workers (Lydia Savage).
Notes on Contributors.
Information Provided By: :