Korea University libraries require a valid university ID card for entry.
Guests and alumni of the University are eligible for borrowing privileges upon request.
Access permissions are given to:
- Korea University alumni (KU smartcard holders may continue to use their existing cards)
- University visiting students and exchange students
- Faculty and students currently enrolled in The Institute for Continuing Education,
The Institute of Foreign Language Studies, and other University affiliated institutions
- Public service workers, library volunteers
- BK21 project staff and researchers
- Educational Foundation staff etc.
** This card does not apply to current students, employees, and faculty.
Library Card Application Process
1. Log on to the Library homepage
2. Click “Library Community” on the top bar menu, Scroll and click “Research Guide”
3. Click on the “Libraries Library Card & Annual Fees”
4. Download the “Library Use Membership Form”
5. Send 5,000 KRW registration fee to 391-910013-12304 (KEB Hana Bank)
** When submitting your application fee,
please make sure to write your name, student ID number or cell phone number on the memo section
(ex: Gildong Hong 2010000100 OR Gildong Hong 010-1004-1004)
6. Pick up the library card by presenting the Library Use Membership Form, an original passport photo, and a valid government issued photo ID.
Cards are issued at the Information Desk on the first floor of the Main Library
or the General Collections Desk located on the first floor of the Science Library
** For all payments made between 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday through Friday,
access cards will be available for pick-up after an hour
** For all payments made after 4:00pm, the card will be issued the following business day or Monday
- Issued library cards will enable users to access and borrow library items, reserve seats at reading rooms, and enter Hana Square and the Central Plaza
- Neither the Alumni nor Guests will be authorized to gain access to online resources
(i.e. online journals, articles, e-books, databases, VOD etc.) outside the campus network
- Affiliates from other institutions may apply for the card after authorization documents are reviewed and approved
- Users who possess barcode library cards from the Medical Library and Sejong Academic Center will need to apply for this card in order to use the Main Library and the Science Library
** As of September 2014, barcode cards are no longer used to enter the Main Library and the Science Library
- Main Library 1F (02)3290-1492/1486
- Science Library 1F (02)3290-4219